Ström /ˈstrœmː/ noun. Swedish for stream, a run or flow of a continuous current in one direction.
Db’s founder designed the Ström series after observing the wing of a Dreamliner, and how its shape perfectly pushed air around its wing. Inspired, he used Excel to design the backpacks and rollers with Golden Ratio; a mathematical truth that occurs when one divides a line into two parts so that the long section divided by the short section is equal to the whole length divided by the long part, or, approximately 1.618. This is a ratio found often in nature (see: leaves), and one that has been studied and applied by mathematicians like Pythagoras and Euclid, artists like Leonardo da Vinci and Salvador Dali, and designers like our very own Truls Brataas.
The bags (Previously called):
- THE STRØM 20L BACKPACK (The Hugger 20L)
- THE STRØM 30L BACKPACK (The Hugger 30L EVA)
- THE STRØM 50L BACKPACK (The Hugger 50L)
- THE STRØM 60L ROLLER BAG (The Little Bastard 60L)
- THE STRØM 90L ROLLER BAG (The Big Bastard 90L)